Campaign: Danger is my Middle Name
The hills are littered with corpses. Though they have fallen silent, the screams that recently punctuated the valley - the screams of a man in agony, inflicted by Anna with the Device of Al-Qadim - still seem to linger in the shadows and the crevices around you. One of the corpses scattered around, looted and left to rot, is the corpse of Alhazred. This man saved Sir William from a swift death at the executioner's axe, and fought alongside you when the Sedge and Bee was your greatest enemy. He came here to fulfil a duty, to uphold an ideal that - besides his personal convictions - he believed was more important than his own life. Now he is a dead, empty, broken thing.
The end of the Nuit still lies before you, silent and resolute as ever, still safeguarding the secrets that Samarkand hid for you nearly a century ago. The sky fills with dark clouds, and a drizzle begins to fall.
- Sir William "Danger" Gladstone, a brave but delusional bard with unusual powers that he channels through a horn. [Foster]
- Anna di Noli, a sorceress and swashbuckler who is heir to a famous explorer. [Fridi]
- Khufut Al-Akhun, a 13-year old alchemical prodigy who got caught up with the wrong crowd and swept up into a life of adventure. [Tom]
- Shamesh-Nasir, a Karui nomad in search of Achimi's wisdom. [Wrycraft]
Quest Hooks & Leads
- Valencius di Noli: Anna's uncle, a mage and occult researcher who dabbles in demonology. He's no warmage, but has a love of learning and many useful tricks up his sleeve. However, he has now left you after a particularly grisly incident on the river.
- The Creative One: A long-dead bard that was formerly trapped in an ancient bracelet. You've managed to free him, and he's decided to stick around for a bit before passing on to the afterlife. Whether he's a help or a hindrance depends on the time of day and who you ask.
- Teoth: The Lower Kingdom of the Twin Kingdoms, where you began your adventure. It sprawls across the Nuit Delta.
- Khemet: The Upper Kingdom of the Twin Kingdoms, where Ricardo di Noli has brought you in search of some ancient fabled treasure. It follows the River Nuit on its massive journey across the desert.
- The Underworld: A region of the Samarkand Mountains, where the River Nuit passes beneath the ground and meets its source. This is where, according to Samarkand's last journal, a wondrous treasure is hidden.