Campaign: Treasure of the Dread Pirate Roberts
Well, that certainly happened. Albus, the mayor of Eyrie is dead; so is his brother, William Vanderboom. Whether directly or indirectly, you are responsible - and you've just thrown your weapons down. You're about to be arrested by the town guard and thrown in jail to await the judgement of the powers that be. Of course, this is a problem for you - Constantine has made a pact with the Mutineers, and he's slowly turning into a zombie. If you want to fulfil your bargain with the undead pirates, you need to get that treasure.
Quest Hooks & Leads
- You know the secret of the Dread Pirate Roberts's treasure. He planned to bury it in a cove but was betrayed by mutineers. Vincent Vanderboom snitched on the conspiracy, and the mutineers were all killed. Roberts hid the treasure elsewhere, and Vincent Vanderboom claimed it later in life - using it to found Eyrie. Now that adventurers are searching for the treasure, the mutineers have returned to unlife with a thirst for vengeance. But where was the mayor hiding it?
- You've met Eleanor, the drunken priestess of Myrkul that lives in Eyrie. She is a drunk and slightly insane to boot, but Benny saw a true vision by her power.
- Two roguish types, Lightfoot and Mouse, have it in for you after you cheated them out of their rooms in an inn. The events that took place in Howling Cave have only deepened this animosity; last you saw, Lightfoot was unconscious and the Mouse was sneaking around the pirates invisibly.
- Old Matey: The cursed, undead pirate that Constatine has entered into a pact with.
- Abernathy: A grouchy old ranger. Emile saved his life, and he's grudgingly in your debt.
- Otto: A gnomish alchemist who is in town. You did some work for him.
- Albus Vanderboom: The town's mayor, and the one who has been issuing all these tasks and ultimatums.
- William Vanderboom: The mayor's brother, a powerful wizard and Clarence's father. Now deceased.
- Clarence: The mayor's nephew. He runs the Vanderboom Library and doesn't like his uncle too much.
- Eyrie: The town you're staying in.
- The Broken Drum: "It can't be beat!" Because it's the only inn in town.