Telepathic Attack Modes

Ego Whip (Devotion)
Power Score: Wis -3
Initial Cost: 4
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: 40/80/120 yards
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: individual
Prerequisites: none



Ego whip is one of the five telepathic attacks used to establish contact with another psionicist's mind. The power assaults the victim's ego, leaving him with feelings of inferiority and worthlessness. If used against a contacted mind, the target is dazed for 1-4 rounds, during which all of his die rolls (psionic attacks, melee attacks, saving throws, etc.) are penalized five points (or 25%) and he cannot cast any spells above third level.This power has three ranges: short, medium, and long. At medium range, the psionicists power score is reduced by two. At long range, it is reduced by five.
Power Score: No additional effect.
20: No additional effect.

Id Insinuation (Devotion)
Power Score: Wis -4
Initial Cost: 5
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: 60/120/180 yards
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: individual
Prerequisites: none



Id insinuation is one of the five telepathic attack modes. It seeks to unleash the uncontrolled subconscious of the defender, pitting it against his superego. The attack leaves the victim in a state of moral uproar. Technically speaking, this power drives him nuts, at least temporarily. His id - the seat of primitive needs, animal drives, cruelty, and ferocity - seeks to launch him into a rage of violence and desire. His superego - the seat of moral conscience and the "civilized" part of his brain - struggles to maintain the upper hand. If this power is used against a contacted mind, the target can do nothing for ld4 rounds. Id insinuation has three ranges: short, medium, and long. At medium range, the telepath's power score is reduced by two. At long range, it is reduced by five.
Power Score: The victim's id overpowers his superego and he turns against his allies for 1d4 rounds.
20: The psionicist's id is unleashed; the resulting rage imposes a -1 penalty on all his attack rolls and power checks for one turn.

Mind Thrust (Devotion)
Power Score: Wis -2
Initial Cost: 2
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: 30/60/90 yards
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: individual
Prerequisites: none



Mind thrust is one of the five telepathic attacks used to establish contact with another psionicist's mind. It is a stabbing attack which seeks to "short" the synapses of the defender. If the subject's mind has already been contacted, and he has psionic powers, then this power can do some damage. The subject loses the use of one power, chosen randomly, for 2d6 days. Beyond establishing contact, mind thrust has no effect on creatures or characters without psionic powers. This power has three ranges: short, medium, and long. At medium range, the psionicist's power score is reduced by two. At long range, it's reduced by five.
Power Score: No other effect.
20: The psionicist cannot use Mind Thrust for 1d4 rounds.

Psionic Blast (Science)
Power Score: Wis -5
Initial Cost: 10
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: 20/40/60 yards
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: individual
Prerequisites: none



Psionic blast is a wave of brain force which can jolt a subject's mind like shocking news. This is one of the five telepathic attacks used to establish contact with another psionicist. (An illithid's mind blast is not the same.) If this power is used against a mind that has already been contacted, the subject must save vs. death. Failure means he loses 80% of his remaining hit points, but only in his mind. The hit points are still there; he only thinks they're gone. He will pass out when the remaining 20% of his hit points are gone, but won't die unless all of them are actually lost. In any case, this effect wears off after six turns. At that time, an unconscious character awakens. This power has three ranges: short, medium, and long. At medium range, the psionicist's power score is reduced by two. At long range, it is reduced by five.
Power Score: A victim who fails his save passes out for one turn.
20: No other effect.

Psychic Crush (Devotion)
Power Score: Wis -4
Initial Cost: 7
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: 50 yards
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: individual
Prerequisites: none



Psychic crush is one of the five telepathic attacks used to establish contact with another psionicist's mind. It is a massive assault upon all neurons in the brain, attempting to destroy all by a massive overload of signals. If this attack is used against any mind that the psionicist has contacted, the victim must make a saving throw vs. paralyzation. Failure costs the target ld8 hit points.
Power Score: The save automatically fails.
20: The victim is immune to further crushes by this psionicist for 24 hours.